Boxcar to Restrooms
Pacific Coast Railway
This 30 foot boxcar is one of 10 boxcars built in 1906 by the Pacific Coast Railway Shops in Seattle Washington. This car is one of four surviving boxcars of this group. Originally the Southern Pacific Freighthouse had one restroom, but during Freighthouse restoration, the museum was required per modern plumbing standards to have six restrooms. Using our creativity, we restored the exterior of PCRy #706 to retain its historic look and feel and modified the interior to create four restrooms. This boxcar now serves as an exterior exhibit while providing needed restrooms.